Temporary Closure of Queensbury Medical Practice.

We have limited access to the practice to protect patients and staff as a result we have taken the decision for our Queensbury practice to remain closed. All services will remain and run from Wibsey Medical Practice.

FAQs on Covid-19 restrictions for Bradford District

Last updated: Tuesday, 13 October

As of Wednesday 14th October, restrictions in Bradford district are changing.

Bradford District has been identified as a Tier 2 area in the new national tiered approach to COVID-19 restrictions. (Announced by the Government on Monday 12th October 2020.)

For more on what this means please see our COVID advice page

What rules apply in Bradford District wards?

Rules in homes, gardens or other indoor venues

If you live in one Bradford District, currently you must not:

  • meet people you do not live with inside a private home or garden, except where you have formed a support bubble (or for other limited exemptions specified in law)
  • visit someone else’s home even if they live outside of the affected areas
  • You may continue to see friends and family you do not live with (or have not formed a support bubble with) outside, including in a garden or other outdoor space.
  • When you do so, you must not meet in a group of more than 6. This limit of 6 includes children of any age.
  • visit friends or family in care homes, other than in exceptional circumstances. Care homes should restrict visits to these circumstances

You are advised not to meet with people you do not live with, or are not in a support bubble with, in public venues such as pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops, places of worship, community centres, leisure and entertainment venues, visitor attractions or parks.

The government has passed new laws to enforce the changes to meeting people in private homes and gardens. The police are able to take action against those that break these rules, including asking people to disperse and issuing fixed penalty notices (starting at £200 and doubling for subsequent offences).

Other questions that apply to the whole district

Can I leave the district, for example to go on holiday?

Yes, you can travel outside of the Bradford district for example for a holiday or to attend a wedding or civil partnership. You should not visit anyone in their private home or garden even if they live outside of the Bradford district  or other affected areas. You should only holiday and travel with people from your household or support bubble.

If you travel abroad you may need to self-isolate for 14 days on your return depending on which country you travel to. Information about travelling abroad can be found on GOV.UK.

Read the latest government guidelines on the local restrictions

I’m travelling from another country to Bradford do I need to self-isolate?

Government Covid-19 regulations on travel mean that you must self-isolate for 14 days if you arrive in the UK from a country which is not listed as exempt. People visiting the UK or returning from places such as Spain, Portugal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India and the United States should self-isolate upon their arrival in the UK.

The rule also applies to those who have made a transit stop. If visitors are travelling to the UK for less than 14 days, they will be expected to self-isolate for the length of their stay.

People travelling from exempt countries will not need to self-isolate. A full list of exempt countries, can be found on  GOV.UK.

What is a support bubble?

Please see: Support bubble (GOV.UK).

I care for a friend or relative – can I still go to their house?

Yes. If the person you are caring for needs the care you provide then you can go into their house to deliver this. If they live alone you can form a support bubble with them. Remember to make sure you wash your hands regularly and maintain social distancing wherever possible.

I care for a friend or relative – can I move in with them to support them?

If the person you are caring for needs the care you provide then it is important they receive this. If they live alone you can form a support bubble with them. Remember to make sure you wash your hands regularly and maintain social distancing wherever possible.

I have been shielding, what should I do?

Clinically extremely vulnerable people no longer have to follow the shielding guidance. 

However, in light of current situation in the Bradford district, we strongly urge you to continue to take extra care to protect yourself. You can reduce your risk by avoiding meeting people who are not part of your support bubble.

We will continue to offer help through the 01274 431000 number for those still need support at this time. For more information visit our 'Shielding: what you need to know' page.

What are the main things that we all can do to help stop the spread of Covid-19 and help keep our district safe?

We can all play our part by:

  • Staying 2 metres apart (social distancing)
  • Wearing a face covering when we are indoors where we might come into contact with others and on public transport including taxis
  • Washing our hands regularly and thoroughly with warm water and soap
  • Staying away from crowds and avoiding close contact with others such as handshakes and hugs
  • Getting a test only if you have symptoms and self-isolate for 10 days
  • Following the advice of the Test and Trace service if we have come into contact with someone with the virus.

If we all work together we will be able to keep the freedoms we have worked so hard to get. We are confident that the Bradford district can get to grips with this. We kept the virus numbers down before in the Bradford district by working together and looking after each other, and we can do it again.

If you have not already done so you can sign up to receive email alerts with about Covid-19 and how it affects the Bradford district.

Face coverings questions

Latest government guidance

The latest government guidance about face coverings is on the website.

What are the responsibilities of businesses when it comes to people refusing to wear a face covering, or follow the measures put in place?

Government guidance says that "Premises where face coverings are required to take reasonable steps to promote compliance with the law".  Reasonable steps include in store communications or notices at the entrance. Please be mindful that there are exceptions for people who have valid reasons wearing of a face covering may inhibit communication with people who rely on lip reading, facial expressions and clear sound.

Do businesses have to report people for not wearing a face covering on their premises?

No - the responsibility for compliance rests with the police. However businesses are asked to take reasonable steps to encourage people to do so but should not routinely ask for written evidence of exemption. In respect of staff the guidance says "Face coverings are not required by law for employees as employers already have a legal obligation to provide a safe working environment". And "Employees should continue to follow guidance from their employer based on a workplace health and safety assessment".

Who is responsible for enforcing the rules on face coverings?

Government guidance says "The police can take measures if members of the public do not comply with this law without a valid exemption" and "If necessary, police can issue fines to members of the public for non-compliance".  In practice the police may not be able to respond to every incident of someone refusing to wear a face covering.


For further information about the coronavirus please visit -

For further information about Shielding please visit:

For further information about self isolating sick notes please visit: https://111.nhs/uk/isolcation-note/

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website